Please note that we purposefully are not using any social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Any social media pages/profiles/feeds claiming affiliation with Hanover-with-Brunswick, King George; St. John’s Episcopal Church, King George; Lamb’s Creek Episcopal Church, King George; or Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Port Conway in King George (all in the Commonwealth of Virginia) are not authorized.
Love Thy Neighbor Community Food Pantry & Soup Kitchen Cereal Drive
Cereal is one of the most expensive food items we have to buy so we need our community to help keep our costs down by donating as much cereal as you can!
- Special drop off: June 9th from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and June 12th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at “Love Thy Neighbor” (5769 James Madison Pky; King George, VA)
- Or you can drop donations off anytime in the narthex at St. John’s Episcopal Church or at the KG YMCA
Scheduling for Worship Leaders with Regular Schedule Resumption
We will be starting afresh with how ushers, lectors (lesson readers), altar guild, chalice bearers, etc. are scheduled. This is the perfect time to decide to either take on a new role and / or “retire” from duties that are no longer wanted. So, please let the Rector know how you would like to serve as we resume our regular worship pattern in June.
Upcoming Calendar Dates
- June 27 – Holy Eucharist, Annual Parish Meeting, and Parish Picnic on the Rectory Lawn at 10:00 a.m.
- August 29 – “Lamb’s Creek Sunday” with 1662 BCP Holy Communion & picnic at 10:00 a.m.
- September 6 – Labor Day Sale at St. John’s
- October 3 – Blessing of the Animals and Holy Eucharist at Lamb’s Creek at 10:00 a.m.
- October 10 – Visitation by Assisting Bishop Brooek-Davidson at St. John’s Church at 10:00 a.m.
Rector’s Bible Study — On Summer Break
The Rector’s Bible Study will resume in late September. The Rectory is considering studying the Gospel according to John for the 2021/2022 program year. If you have other suggestions, please contact the Rector.
Hopefully, the study will return to meeting in the Rectory. However, the Rector is willing to discuss leaving the study on the Zoom platform. Conducting the study in a “hybrid” setting would be difficult with the currently own technology…
Events at Shrine Mont — Diocese of Virginia Retreat Center
Please visit the Shrine Mont website for more information about programs available: www.shrinemont.com